This is a beta release which incorporates the following new features:
- SGM (semi-global matching) hardware stereo core.
- Support for 2:1 rectangular-pixel resolutions (1024x272 and 2048x544.)
- Support for a variable number of disparities (64, 128, and 256) at all resolutions.
- Support for right-disparity and left stereo-cost images.
- (refer to the Release Notes in section 8 of the MultiSense-SL ROS Driver_v3.0_beta.pdf document for more details.)
To upgrade an existing MultiSense-SL, first download and build the latest ROS driver from bitbucket:
Detailed instructions on how to do this can be found in section 1.3 of the MultiSense-SL ROS Driver_v3.0_beta.pdf document.
(Note: the latest ROS driver is fully backwards-compatible with all older firmware releases.)
If you are upgrading an existing ROS driver installation, make sure to issue a "--pre-clean" directive when rebuilding:
$ rosmake --pre-clean multisense
After building the latest ROS driver, your MultiSense-SL can be field upgraded to v3.0_beta firmware by downloading the multisense_firmware_v3_0_beta.slf firmware update file and issuing the following command from the ROS driver environment:
$ rosrun multisense_lib MultiSenseUpdater 10.66.171.21 multisense_firmware_v3_0_beta.slf
(assuming the IP address of your MultiSense-SL is "10.66.171.21")
WARNING: Before upgrading, please refer to section 2.5.6 of the MultiSense-SL ROS Driver_v3.0_beta.pdf document for important instructions regarding the use of the MultiSenseUpdater utility.